Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
<< The addition of being able to move bar information between open chord sheets would greatly enhance how useful Band-in-a-Band can be. >>

<< For blatantly obvious things like this, this feature offers lots of potential features depending on how it’s implemented. >>

Just as I was blatantly oblivious to how color coded bars would greatly speed up the work flow for modern users in a post in the BIAB for Windows forum, I find myself in the same sad shape with the two notated comments above.

I've spent the afternoon thinking of potential benefits this feature could greatly enhance any current use that I task Biab to provide. It is absolutely elementary and fast to copy/move/paste within a single session of Biab. The Control Z command allows me to experiment to my hearts content with variations of chords, keys, tempos, pushes, shots and rests and exit back to the settings that I began my experimentations at. The Save As command allows me to save as many versions of my experiments as I want.

Honestly, at my age, the thought of keeping track of two or more identical looking sessions, multiple styles, dozens of instruments on various tracks, dozens more of hidden F5 bar settings I've made across 510 bars or more is a daunting task. Not to mention losing track to the bar I've selected to paste 100 chords in the bar...... of which session??? ... ;=)

I don't mean for my query to derail this request in any manner but I do need a reason to give it a plus one with my current lack of understanding.

1) Because if a song file becomes corrupted, or if I go WAY off on a tangent, it may be easier to copy and paste bars of chords between chord sheets than reconstructing what little part I want to keep.

2) If copy and paste worked, there is no assurance that F5 settings would transfer. Will it? Should it? Should a pop up window open to offer choices for what data is copied? I think these are all questions worthy of consideration and discussion.

3) My mind is a terrible thing to waste. crazy Some might even say my mind is already wasted! wink Cut and paste would save brain neurons. laugh

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home