Not That Good

This song is dedicated to Saara Aalto, Finland's representative in Eurovision Song Contest this year. She is very talented singer-songwriter who hasn't received the appreciation she deserves until recently. She has participated in many competitions like Talent Finland, Voice Of Finland, Eurovision qualifying round, Britain's X-Factor, always finishing at the second position. She didn't get a recording deal earlier, maybe because she wanted to write her own songs, she didn't want to sing in Finnish or she just didn't fit into a certain commercial mold of record companies. She has been told that she is "too diverse and that is not a good thing". But fortunately she hasn't made compromises and didn't give up her own style, and finally due to the success in the X-Factor, she has a record out by a big label and gets a chance to perform on a big international arena, in the ESC. She has partly inspired this story which I want to share with you. And best of luck to her in the ESC.

Thanks to Miira for her excellent interpretation of the song. I used The Orchestra instrument in the arrangement for the first time on a larger scale. And not to forget BIAB, the song is strongly based on that excellent acoustic "Liverpool" piano, also the guitar solo fits magically - and I didn't have to do any re-generating or editing for it.

RealDrums: NashvilleEven8
RealTracks:
Electric bass #366
Acoustic guitar #1596
Acoustic piano #892
Cello #1856
Electric guitar solo #1167

MIDI instruments (Timpani, Strings) from style DRAMORK4 played through GPO5
MIDI instruments (Bass, String) from style ORK448 played throught GPO5
Other MIDI: The Orchestra

Vocals: Miira

Mixed in Adobe Audition