This is not exactly a bump since this discussion is still at the top of the page. But.

I am now the proud owner of Reason 6.02, soon to be upgraded to 6.5 (for free, courtesy of the fine folks at Propellerhead). I am now more motivated than ever to see Rewire incorporated into BIAB and/or Real Band. I can't fully imagine the possibilities but I expect it would be amazing. I already port most of my BIAB creations into Reason, where I convert them from General MIDI voices into whatever I want. Imagine driving that bad-ass synth directly from BIAB/RB along with Real Tracks. ZOMG!

PG, note that despite now being a full-featured DAW as opposed to "just" a soft synth, Reason is configured to be a slave only. Maybe that will change, but right now that's how it is, so your products would have to be masters. Also note that Reason does not support VSTs/VSTi's. They've gone with a proprietary format known as Rack Extensions (REs). However, the master program can have either, so you get the best of both worlds.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."