Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Hi Tommy,

Good luck changing the minds of politicians.

I like the song. It has good production values and straight forward lyrics but it didn't move me. Songs created in support of a cause need to have an emotional impact and this song didn't hit me in the gut. I never understood (from the song) what we're loosing.

I love the Everglades because I've experienced it. The summer heat, the smell, the sound of wind blowing over the reed marshes and through the swamp trees, the view of the sun at dawn or dusk (more dusk than dawn for me!). You have to make citizens realize what their losing so they will bring the politicians in line.
Jim, thanks for taking the time to send your thoughts. The song is not about the trees or the air quality or the smells or the sounds. It is about the decline in water quality. The entire second verse states the problem; “ What about fifty years from now when all the fish have died
The Seagrass gone and the algae bloom is everywhere in sight
Our drinking water filled with salt it’s a scientific fact
Disaster’s at our doorstep if we fail to act”. I understand you don’t get it. Thankfully some folks do get it as it is being played on ESPN radio on a local weekly fishing show. I do appreciate that you have stated your opinion and I will keep your observations in mind for any future political forays. I do see your point but I also think you missed something here. Respectfully, Tom