Originally Posted By: paul46038
I don't want BIAB to write an ending for my original songs nor do I want to re-write an ending to fit what BIAB does. I just want to enter the song up to the last shot or held chord and have nothing further generate. Can I do this?

I'm a very new user but I think my intention is to always export selected tracks to my DAW - so I could easily work around this (program my ending, put in some amount of rests, let BIAB do whatever it wants, delete the unneeded stuff in the DAW) but if I don't need to do that, I figure now is the time to ask.

Thanks!

Yep.... you can do the normal "turn off the canned ending" which I use quite often as it does tend to work well.

OR.....

You can simply add ...oh let's say.... 12 measures to the song.... create you own ending the way you want and then trim the canned ending later in an audio editor. Of course you can combine the 2 methods by adding the measures, shutting off the canned ending and making the song do what you want.

I used this method on the last song I did.. The Road To Cheyenne. In that I edited the ending measures for a nice slow down to the last held chord. You can hear the results in the showcase forum.

There's quite a few times where I have opted to create my own ending rather than use the BB endings.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.