PG Music released the new BIAB-2018 for Mac!

What a disappointment!

It looks like Pg Music is becoming more and more uninterested in Mac platform and all they want is to sell new styles packages.

To understand the disappointment, we should first understand what is it what musicians (BIAB users) want:
BIAB is a great tool for music composers, it should offer the easy and efficient way to:

Recording and Editing Midi
Recording and Editing scores
Recording and Editing Audio

non of the above is up-to-date compared to today's technology.

-- We need to finally get the possibility to efficiently EDIT MIDI recording or direct integration of a DAW to receive the BIAB midi sequences flawlessly.
Window users have REAL BAND which covers this field. Mac user have nothing but complex process to import midi to GarageBand and co.

-- The Score section is still at the beginning .. So many years and still have no improvement in editing the score notes... you can not even select a note to shift ! Even Undo is so slow and jammy.
There are so many great free score softwares like MUSESCORE ... it would be great if PG Music score editor could communicate with these softwares if not offering similar possibilities ...

--- The Audio recording is still unhandy. We were hoping to have a great improvement such as TRANSPORT interface like in DAW softwares, giving many options and the flexibility to carry out recording processes base on an accurate counter to punch-in/out..etc.

--- The Style Maker is still nothing but a primitive interface.
--- The Audio Transcription to Midi is really not ready to be released.
--- The Reading of Internet ABC format is not functioning it reads only BiaB exported ABC format (make no sense!)

and a lot more to be revised.

Nothing of the above has been improved in the 2018 upgrade. instead they offer Real Video, and some other minor additions and a lot of styles. 95% of the users are not teachers so I assume they are not very much interested in "Real Video"

I hope PG Music would try to utilize the power of Mac platform.

Personally I still believe that BIAB should become The Standard in the Music Industry.. PG Music need to stay on the ball and to try matching the paces of development in this field following the path of Protools, Cubase, Studio One..etc. (I know these are no competitors to BIAB, different subject!)