No particular song for me, though I try to mute most of the commercials anyway. What HAS caught my attention is mainly 2 things. How lame and limp most of the songs are, with the young hipster kid singers who slur their speech so badly you can't make out lyrics,

Like this thing....

and how the pendulum has swung to the side of commercials using existing songs rather than hiring jingle writers. I see that only as more songwriters out of work, another effort to dissuade young people from pursuing a career in the arts. Apparently it is cheaper to pay for the rights to use a song snippet than to commission a jingle writer. Though Barry Manilow made tons of money doing jingles. Jim Brickman, he of "Valentine" fame, is from Cleveland, and he and his business partner Annie Cochran wrote a ton of jingles. In fact they used to joke that they tried to write songs but everything came in at exactly 30 seconds.

I have to believe when John Lennon wrote Revolution he didn't know he was writing it for a Nike commercial.

I also note how often the music they pick has absolutely nothing to do with the product they are selling. This is in a commercial for cookies.

What does this have to do with Oreos?

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.