Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
i didn't get the hang of the song offset to allow for the drum count in

Bob,

Maybe this will help with understanding the bar offset a bit better...

The image below shows the bar offset settings (#1 on image).

The reason that it's usually set to -2 is to allow the 2-bar count-in that BIAB has when SGU/MGU files are loaded. Such a setting permits the song to follow the normal convention of the music starting at bar 1.

From a song layout perspective, if you have 'Bar Offset' set to -2 and then load in a BIAB file you'll see two bars (that is, bars "-1" & "0") before the song starts playing at bar 1. These first two bars are the 'offset' bars.

The settings below Bar Offset (that you had set to 1 and 1), tell the song which RB bar number is the first bar of the song (i.e. 'Start') and which bar number is the last bar of the song (i.e. 'End'). Having both set to 1 is saying "This song is 1 bar long".

Because you had the Bar Offset set to 0, this meant that if your song had a 2-bar count-in, it wouldn't start until bar 3 (hence Kent's comment about setting 'Start' to 3).

The settings on the image below say the following....

1) Bar Offset = -2 (this means a 2-bar lead-in before the song starts)

2) Start = 1 (this means the song will start at what RB has defined as bar 1 on the bar counter)

3) End = 32 (this means the song finishes at RB's bar #32)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Noel

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
bar offest bar 1 bar end.JPG (21.49 KB, 86 downloads)
Last edited by Noel96; 05/24/18 12:49 PM. Reason: correcting errors

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024