Originally Posted By: Christiaan
Hi guys,
again, thanks for the advice.
Yesterday the mixer arrived and gave no good result, neither the straight connection Bugera headphone out to Marshall fx return, allways bad sound. Now i go test to connect directly from Bugera out to the Marshall speakers. I think i can not do anything wrong because at the backside of the Bugera, where the output to the speaker is, is printed a message " 4 ohm MINIMUM ' and the Marshal is 8 ohm, so .... ill try it. I just have to go to the shop to find a speaker cable for the connection . I let you know.
Thanks a lot.
Christiaan.

From the pictures on line that I see of the back of the V5, a simple guitar cord should work to connect the Marshall cab to the V5. Picture of the back is second one down on the left. Click it.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/V5Infinium--bugera-v5-infinium-5-watt-1x8-inch-tube-combo-amp

Bad sound from the V5 into the mixer is from the impedance mismatch between the two. On the input side, impedance matters more for the quality of the sound. You probably have a very distorted sound, or a very low, weak sound. The Direct (DI) Box I mentioned would solve that issue. For recording however, I would tend toward a microphone on the V5 speaker over a DI.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 05/25/18 03:39 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.