This is an interesting thread and in many ways gets to the core of what the user showcase is all about.

My observation has been that there is a regular group of people on the forum who submit songs (and good luck to them on that) but it does seem to me that they get so familiar with each other and saying good things to each other, that should someone post a song that is a total load of rubbish that somehow they others in the group will still praise it.

I have head songs on the showcase where the singer is "simply roaring and bawling" comes across as they cobbled the whole song (if you could call it that together in 15 minutes)

God only knows why they submitted the song in the first place, and still song gets a lot of praise from others. And these songs aren't from newbies either but people who submit on a regular basis.

Sometimes I imagine that the others in the group who are doing the praising are simply doing it totally out of jest, like "hey this is so bad but you have giving me such a great laugh that I will encourage and inflate your ego so much that you will do it again"

And of course there are other songs on the showcase that are simply stunning and deserve all the adulation and more that they get.

The problem as I see it there is no consistency.

Last edited by axeplayer; 05/26/18 02:52 AM.