And we're back to key signature versus song key. While similar, they are not the same.

When you transpose in BIAB, you are merely transposing to a new key signature. If a chord was minor to start with, it stays minor on the new transposed chord.

There is a recent thread discussing this. This is what I previously posted:

Quote:
The key signature is there for notation purposes and is not actually required. You can apply sharps, flats and naturals to individual notes within notation to your heart's content. By using a key signature, you have a predefined shorthand so you don't have accidental strewn about your notation and is much easier to read. There is no separate major or minor key signature. The key signature encompasses both the major key and its relative minor (G major and E minor both use one sharp, so only one key signature is required to represent both of them). You can't look at the key signature to determine the key of the song (as Matt said, you've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right). So you instead need to look at the notes or chords of the song to determine the key. So the key determines how the song sounds to your ear; the key signature determines what the song looks like on the musical staff.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com