If I were the judge, I’d bang down my gavel and say, “Overruled!”

Joe V didn’t ask for short cuts to practicing.

He asked us if there were specific learning and memorization techniques that we have used that we found more benefitial than others.

I seldom say this because it sounds so arrogant, but with an IQ on the north side of 140, I have to remind myself that not everyone learns and remembers things the same way that I do. When I’m teaching anyone on any subject, I’m looking for alternative ways of imparting something that comes naturally to me. Not everyone learns the same way or has the same ability to retain information. My wife has taught learning disabled and retarded people her entire career and I have taught some of them to play musical instruments. I don’t teach them the same way that I teach someone with greater learning abilities. I also realize that everyone I teach isn’t aspiring to be a concert pianist or Duane Allman so it’s important to help each student work hard but not take the fun out of it for them.

There are lots of memory tricks that I teach people that I didn’t even touch on because they are a little strange sounding.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti