Bud, no personal attacks are allowed on this forum. laugh

Cooltouch, I loved Koss headphones back then. Great feel and sound.

I don't think your old headphones went bad if that's what you are hinting at. You just have to get used to the results and mix accordingly with any set of headphones. I have Grado, SONY, and Beyerdynamic headphones next to me right now, each being very different. I also have two sets of monitors, one of which is more pleasant to listen to but the other emphasizes the highs with a ribbon tweeter. I have a subwoofer I switch on and off. I also use the MONO button on my monitors to ensure nothing disappears from phase cancellation.

When I get a mix that I think is good on all of that, I go outside to the car. I also check with a boom box and a transistor radio over my FM transmitter. If it passes all that, I put it on my iPhone and listen through the speaker, earphones and earpods. Then if that is OK maybe the mix is done today. Tomorrow I'll come back to it.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors