UPDATE: No sooner had I posted this than I tried something not entirely obvious which worked. I'm leaving my original post here in case anyone has the same problem. I solved it by going into the RealTracks sub-menu under Options; it has an option to specify a folder other than C:\bb2018\RealTracks. I chose that option, designating ... again, C:\bb2018\RealTracks. Yes, the same as the default. Bit weird, but works.
------------------

(Original post)

Hi all

I've looked at a few threads on this problem before posting, but no joy I'm afaraid.

I just finished installing the Ultra-Plus-Pak for 2018. I also have on my machine BIAB 2014 and 2016, each in their completely seperate folders, with no sharing of resources. Call me overcautious, whatever.

I also made the installation of BIAB 2018 fully new self-contained. I downloaded every single RT exe file new and installed them, all to the folder

C:\bb2018

and designated this as the master folder when prompted during the BIAB installation and the routine (the name escapes me)to install all the RT tracks automatically. It took around two hours and reported no errors.

I rebooted, launched BIAB, loved the new interface, was very pscyhed, loaded up a song I'd created in BIAB 2016, it played fine. Then I went looking for the new Ooohs and Aaahs styles, like a kid tearing open Xmas wrapping paper... only to find these listed as N.A.

In the Style Picker, I saw that starting from RT Set #254, the vast majority of RTs are listred as NA -- although bizarrely, not all, some made it through.

I did a full rebuild, and it said nothing new was added. This did not help the problem.

In this video

http://somup.com/cF1DXMVK6Z

you'll see me

--scroll to a couple of these "NA" styles,
--select/copy their names as text,
--paste that text into the searchbar of a PC file finding app (highly recommended freeware, called Everything), and
-- finding the relevant file on the drive, exactly where it is supposed to be.

Yet BIAB doesn't see it.

Curiously, when doing the full rebuild, the little message box in the lower right corner of the screen says, while the rebuilding is happening, that there are 5,480 real styles; yet the final message shown at the end of the routine (a Windows info/OK box) states that the total number of styles is 5,142, as you can see here.

http://somup.com/cF1Dl2VK6t

Hmmm, dunno.

Especially after using the very long RT auto installation process -- which I was happy to tolerate, assuming it would result in a fool-proof, ready to rock installation -- this is raining on my picnic big time. I really wanted to use the new styles relased since BIAB 2016!

Can anyone please advise?

Last edited by lingyai; 06/16/18 02:51 AM.