Gathered 'round a campfire with a buncha cowboys, a youngster drifted in and out of sleep, and kept catching just the end of old Jed's many stories; her magical twilight consciousness was gathering the punchlines, culminations and gists... which coalesced to form their own absurd story in her dreams and hypnagogic reveries.

Glowing wire, flickering dancer
an electric life
Somewhere near but hidden
gelatin depths and watery skies
Held in the palm of a baby's hand
older than you are.
Up long before that Mountain, cracklin'
all along a signal way
straight between the eyes.

Mark that rolled-up promise
with a flowering finish
blooming like a neon toothache

Letters wiggle sinewy
laughing with a pregnant buzz
spelling out the Glory of
one colorful annihilation

In a parallel world that would seem absurd to us, meditative vegetarian cowboys have the musical refrain "get along, little doggies" just as they do here, but the "little doggies" are thoughts and attachments. In and out of mindfulness they tend to drift, just like here.

A Native friend has dropped in on this particular bunch of Cowboys and brought his flute, to the delight of everyone. A little jam gets underway. The stars twinkled bright that clear night

[Link no longer valid]

It was so long ago now, but as I recall I used BIAB "Dreamy Pop Ballad" (closest thing I can find with a quick look right now is "dreamy pop with cowbell") to get the rhythm/arpeggio guitar and that beautiful sort of Hawaiian- sounding guitar. And probably the drums that go with that style. Oh, and of course that deep soft bass. I actually showcased that part as an earlier piece here titled Your Boring Happiness, but now it has been greatly shortened, plus now there's a ton of new stuff. Mixed in Reaper. Guitar: Fender Squier II Strat, Korean made. The flute part I played on my Yamaha DGX-530 (keys). Me on vocals. The poem just quickly came out of me one night -or was it morning?- when I decided I was just going to write something very abstract and surreal. My mom loves it so much, she said it made her a little teary. I just played it set to music for her over the phone today, and she said the music is perfect for it. Well, that's what moms are for, huh? Even at age 58 and she 89, she's still comforting me, ha ha! Enjoy!

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/25/20 02:08 PM.