I noticed something on the forums that I'm not sure a civil discussion could be had about. It's probably risky; but in my opinion possibly needed.

Where this is coming from was kind of an odd place. I was driving yesterday and listed to Ed Sheeran's "Perfect" and "Evergreen." I would say neither is a without it's flaws (please don't go there on the name) but my thoughts were this..."I really can't imagine people of almost any age, not thinking these are decent songs."

I also listened to "When I was your Man" by Bruno Mars. Also, along those lines.

These songs, in many ways sound like older songs There are so many older influences in them. To me, "Perfect" sort of has that "Wonderful Tonight" kind of thing going on.

They don't sound overly produced, there's no rap in them, so some pretty basic elements...and very relatable subjects.

I know I've seen many comments about not liking this artist or that artist, and what I've mostly seen is, it's current artists. Current here being within the last 10-15 years. wink

I know some here have the attitude of learn all you can; and are very open to listening. I know others are very closed to that. Neither is right or wrong in my opinion; until you feel the need to start making negative comments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is allowed to express that opinion. But, I am curious what it serves at times.

I would like to think that people can come here in hopes of getting help in creating the music they want to with these great products.

If I were new here, or of a different personality, I don't know how comfortable I would feel expressing what I am hoping to accomplish with many of these comments having been made.

Not pissed. Not trying to come across judgmental. Just thinking out loud. That can be dangerous! lol

If you will excuse me. I have to walk back thru this mine field to go to lunch. smile

Last edited by HearToLearn; 06/29/18 09:34 AM.

Chad (Hope that makes it easier)

TEMPO TANTRUM: What a lead singer has when they can't stay in time.