[Link no longer valid]

Hi friends, Hot off the presses is a new one by SGC!

Like many of its predecessors on my SoundCloud channel, Tune 8 is built around a sax riff I came up with while practicing.

This is my eighth production with PG Music software.

All tracks are RealTracks and RealDrums with the exception of my flute and tenor sax tracks. Thanks to Michael White, Alex Al, Michael Thompson, Dwight Sills, and Jeff Lorber for their amazing playing! I also tried something interesting on this one- 'brass' harmony parts generated from the melody by the TC Helicon harmonizer. They were subtly mixed in with the real horns for a nice effect.

The Basic style was JFMOVIN (Jazz Funk Movin').

The 10-band EQ, and PG Reverb were used on most tracks, with Chorus/Echo on the solo guitar and the horns. PG Dynamics Compressor was used for the solo guitar and piano. I used two outside plugins- EasyQ parametric equalizer, and Sanford Delay on the solo sax.

Other than BIAB/RB, Audacity was used for a dash of post-mix editing (crop, Amplify, bass boost for Soundcloud).

As always, thanks very much for listening and please enjoy! If you dig it, please leave a like, and consider following me at SoundCloud. Please note that SoundCloud forced me to change my URL from 'spontaneousgroovincombustion' to 'spontaneousgrvncombustion.' So, unfortunately, all of my previous posts now contain dead links. Just remember 'grvn' instead of 'groovin'-
https://soundcloud.com/spontaneousgrvncombustion.

Last edited by Andrew - PG Music; 08/26/20 08:41 AM.

Best, Warren

Warren A. Keller- Woodwindist/Producer
Spontaneous Groovin' Combustion
Tune 9 Music- SESAC