Windows 10 has worked fine on my two desktop machines, but because HP wouldn't provide an updated video driver for my aging laptop, I've had to retrograde to Windows 7 (they didn't release it for Windows 8, nor for Windows 10). I did do the Windows 10 upgrade for awhile, but found that the generic video driver ran the laptop hot all the time (I've got a first generation i5, before they made the cooler versions). I also can't use my HDMI port or my fingerprint reader with Windows 10 (all of which work fine under Windows 7).

But my HP desktop and my home-built Beast (my name for it, as it's a tall tower that can hold something like 10 drives) both work great with Windows 10.

I did have an initial problem with Native Instruments authorization/update program on more recent versions of Kontakt and other libraries that seem to be linked back to doing the initial in-place upgrade to Windows 10. However, once you do the initial upgrade, you can do a clean upgrade, which I did, and all my NI stuff works correctly now. But it did take a long time to re-install all the libraries.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com