1:45am Saturday morning. Lightning storm. Flash and a boom instantly, no delay, first thought.... we just got hit.

Yep.

multiple circuit breakers tripped. one damaged beyond repair. smoke detectors started sounding a minute later..... nothing in the world is scarier than the sound of smoke detectors in the night.

Next morning. No power yet. fired up the generator and started checking things out.

casualty list to date:

1 DSL modem dead
1 hardware firewall dead
3 internet switches dead or damaged
1 computer won't connect to internet
1 computer and monitor dead. This one is my business machine.
1 Roku device dead
1 37" TV damaged. won't take any input
1 off air TV antenna amplifier dead'
1 circuit breaker dead
2 LED light strips dead
1 Phone hums.... but is still working.

Yep.... the line crew replacing the 2 transformers on our path said it was a direct hit to the high voltage wire. Fried both transformers.

Things that survived.

2 Magic Jack plus phone modules
1 Studio DAW and monitor. While connected to the power line, it was all turned off and no internet connection.

I spent all day getting as much back up as I could. Found a DSL modem exactly like I needed on the facebook market place and bought it immediately. That's how I'm here right now and on a brand new office computer. Monday I will get a SATA cable and transfer the data off my old HD..... or set up my Carbonite account on this machine and DL the files from the old machine. Reinstall biz software and go on with life.

Man.... it makes you look at thunder storms in a whole new light with a major hit like this. But.... on the plus side..... We did get a new 50" 4K UHD TV out of it.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.