Hi David,

There are several ways to tell Cakewalk where to find your VST folders. On the top menu bar under Utilities is the Plug in Manager also pressing P for preferences then under File VST Settings. Both take you to the same place. In there you add all the various paths to locate the VSTs and other options.

In the Utilities - Plug in Manager you can also setup your own preferred menu layouts for the various plug ins. You can also choose to exclude VSTs you don’t want to appear.

The Drum replacement bit I don’t know about but if you go to the Cakewalk forum you will get help there. I have an option as Drum Replace but have never used it so I don’t know what it is. I’ll have a look when I get done with breakfast and get things turned on.

But as I understood it the Regional FX was there to manipulate the portion of the wav track. (Years ago Sonar had its own audio editor similar to Melodyne that you could add using Regional FX). Therefore Melodyne is an option as it operates on the file. Other VSTs I have only added in the FX box.

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 08/02/18 12:51 PM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1