Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
That was a fun video. It seems a shame to put such a nice finish on the body then turn around and bang it up. If you listen to the soundtrack he applies about five coats of paint between the two colors to create the blended color and eight applications of clear coat. That's thirteen coats of paint and you can still see the wood grain. Now that's impressive!

Stewart Mac is sort of like Sweetwater in that both companies like educating customers.

Hi Jim,

I couldn't agree more about getting that great-looking finish then roughing it up like that. The artistic part of my heart skipped a couple of beats. And yeah, to apply that many coats and still leave the grain showing through - unbelievable.

I wasn't familiar with the gentleman before, but he sure left a heck of an impression on me! And I buy from Sweetwater, too!

Alan

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops