Dear Bob,

I extend my most heartfelt and deepest apologies and beg your kindness and forgiveness for this typo when I meant to say your brain would cave in, not cave it.

My meaning was that I spend zero time thinking about anything negative or comparing my "success" (or lack thereof) in any field to what anyone else is doing, or what is happening out there. I am very methodical in what I do, and just stay focused on my "to do" lists, try and not second guess myself and just keep plugging away. I learned a lot from the book publishing world where I got through all the crazy hoops you had to jump through to get successfully published before Kindle came along and burned the industry to the ground. What I learned was this: most people in the industry (I think) aren't really reading anything, and most of the market is run by hype. I won't get into specifics but it is pretty shallow out there, in my opinion. But if I sat around thinking about that too much, I would get nothing done.

If you have skin in the game, I see 2 costs.

1. Opportunity costs. It takes a lot of time to write, post and upload a song. If you ever come to the conclusion that it is not for real, I would stop. I do not sense an opportunity cost at this point because I would be writing anyway and their wanted sections give me some good ideas.

2.) 4.99 a month. I don't see this as a lot, and the opportunity costs far outweigh it.

As I stated and I think said clearly, the Catch-22 in all of this is you never know how many other Song Tradrs and Taxis are pitching their stuff to the same opps even if you do make final selection. They all draw from the same openings, and all of the A&R people all know the same crowd.

So the competition is fierce and the odds are in no one's favor.

I just do it because I think it is fun and relaxing when I look at the headaches of my day job.

Hope this answers your questions and is useful.