PGMusic XTRA Styles Pak #5 Contest Submission:

I thought I would have a little fun with this one. This is definitely not my original song, but from the public domain. I was previewing the new XTRA Styles Pak #5 and just fell in love with the _ZEALOT style (described as Zealot Jazz Soul Rhythm Section). I then though I would marry it with a classical song, and I settled on Beethoven's Fifth, and I titled it "A Fifth Goes Down Smoothly". This is s combination MIDI/RealTracks song.

I created the melody using alternating flute and oboe (in MIDI). For the MIDI sounds, I used Auditory Labs "Real Flute" VSTi for the flute sound; the Oboe is from the Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth. The rest of the tracks are all RealTracks. In addition to the tracks created by the style (see song summary below), I also added RT2566, Horn Section as something of a pad, and also RT1877, Fiddle, Soloist, Country as a foil against the melody line.

I created it in Band-In-A-Box after laying out the chord chart and creating the melody parts in Noteworthy Composer (which I then exported from NWC and imported into BIAB 2018 as a MIDI file). After getting all the rests, shots, holds, etc in place, I saved the file and continued editing it in RealBand 2018. After getting it where I wanted it (and in this case, I didn't use any effects or plugins), I just did some final tweaking in Diamond Cut DC10 (to normalize the sound, enhance it a little, cut the tails off, etc).

****** Song Summary *************
Title: A Fifth Goes Down Smoothly
File:A Fifth Goes Down Smoothly.MGU
Key=C , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=3:02
No intro. 89 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 89. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 439 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 447 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _ZEALOT.STY (Zealot Jazz Soul Rhythm Section)

RealTracks in style:
2609:Bass, Electric, ClassicFunkRootFiveAlex Ev 130
2809:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm SoulJazzMike Ev 130
1770:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkMovinChords Ev16 130

RealDrums in style:
JazzSoulDannyEv: a: Snare, Rideb: Snare, Kick

Enjoy!

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com