Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#

The point that I am trying to make is, I believe frozen or not BIAB goes to the source location of files on hard drive instead of loading active real tracks (the ones used in composition) directly to memory each time you click on that "render" button. If I am not mistaken, probably it is the culprit of the problem.

Most likely that code was written at the time when computers had 512megs of Ram on average, not the case now. Again, I am guessing here, but I think I am right on the getting files from hard drive each time when rendering instead of keeping them in memory.

As pointed out it all depends on how much RAM you have, and the size of the tracks you're trying to render. I suspected the same thing, but then again I believe it also happened on my machine with only 8gb of ram.

My external drive ran out of space, and that is how I figured out it was using the drive to render. I don't think I ever got a definitive answer on it. I thought if anything it should have been using the internal drive to render if not the RAM.

Windows 10 build 16299
2018 Ultra
Intel i5-3550 @ 3.3GHz
p8z77-v pro
RAM: 32GB
Roland V-Studio 100
Alesis VX49

https://soundcloud.com/dirtbom/