"Biab is great for Auto Accompaniment, learning and songwriting, as that's what it was designed for, but for any professional use it needs to step up as not everyone uses it just for it's intended purpose. "

That's an interesting point but not a limitation I've encountered. I've encountered Biab limitations where folks have concerns with the final tracks created in BIAB but no concern has been from the way the program itself can manipulate audio.

I have had private conversations with three 'gurus' of home recording web based tutorial channels discussing why they haven't embraced BIAB to improve the quality of tracks the program would bring to countless 'average Joe's and Jill's' they target to teach recording and mixing skills to in cases where those folks don't have the skills or access to top quality musicians to provide tracks for instruments they can't or don't want to play. Cases where maybe they're unable to afford to hire a musician on an ongoing basis. Biab tracks can fill all of those needs.

However, all three rejected using Biab but for reasons that seemed to me to rely on the egotistical idea that a Biab track is cheating and not a real player. Another issue they say is Biab tracks are generic and predictable and the final generation of a track at 44.1/16 is not high enough quality audio to use in a home recording.

None of the three have reviewed and tested the program themselves and each responded generically with what I consider common misconceptions non users usually describe as weakness of the program. In my opinion, given the chance, I could quickly and easily disprove these myths because these experts have no idea what Biab can actually produce.

I can produce a 32 bar X 3 chorus Biab song in a single generation that is so complex that statistically even Dr. Gannon, Andrew, Kent, Deryk, or Ember can replicate it. The available audio, instruments, programming, and manipulatable parameters are so many to make the odds of anything but the most simple programmed generic chord chart unique beyond the point of recognizability as well as the Biab algorithm choosing the same audio phrases between two or more people creating the same song a near impossibility. Multiple generations would amplify those impossible odds. All this can be accomplished within the Biab program without the aid of any other outside program.

Saying all that, I'm interested in learning some of the unintended purposes you may use Biab tracks that can't be generated in it's current form. 44.1/16 is an obvious limitation but I'd bet if either of these three experts and most if not all of the average Joe's and Jill's had the opportunity to have Joe BonaMassa provide a track to one of their recordings but the track could only be in 320 MP3 format, they would use the track with that limitation....

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/20/18 02:43 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.