"For vast majority there should be a choice, an OPTION of choosing between rendering from hard drive OR doing the process in memory.

Adobe and other software companies had this option for over a decade to choose how processes are handled."

You're right. I'm missing the point. You missed my point that in its present form, Biab works with every PC configuration from XP to the futuristic next years super whiz bang model meaning the final audio product is the same quality and sound regardless of the computer the audio is generated on. Your suggestion removes that option of universality and eliminates many users from compatibility with future versions of BIAB.

I'm missing what improvement in sound quality of the audio that 64 bit, selective regeneration will make? What will it produce that is different from what BIAB produces today? Why will a rendering from a hard drive sound different or be superior to current rendering?

My guess is that adobe and other software programs that have made major changes to their core programs most likely have early versions of songs created with their product that are incompatible and cannot be opened with the latest version. I don't see where BIAB and Adobe processing differences are an issue. BIAB creates audio tracks Adobe does not. So isn't the rendering speed of BIAB a mute point when it comes to what Adobe does? What is the difference between having a live player record a track in Adobe and importing a RealTrack created in BIAB? If rendering speed is an issue, isn't a 25 second render of a 3 1/2 minute track preferable to a live player recording a similar track but having to do it in real time of 3 1/2 minutes?

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.