Ok. Last post from me on this subject period, regardless. I'll address the few things from your last post to take this conversation full circle.

If PG's goal is to cash in and walk, ....

That's the beauty of speculation. It can be anything we wish. In your world, Dr. Gannon craps out on his employees. In my world, he gives each employee a million dollars and signs the rights to all the Biab code, trademarks and brand to the ones that want it and these former employees go on to redesign a new BIAB that has all the elements of the Wishlist, 192k, 32 bit floating, unlimited RAM, Dante, full vst integration, 192k RealTracks, a 6000 piece supermidi instrument list, Complete Kontakt library, Complete Garritan Library, 50,000 plus new RealTracks, Replace Realband with a fully functional, fully integrated choice of DAW between Reaper, Cakewalk, Cubase, Studio One and Protools and a Roland Integra 7. Ships with buyers choice of 32 channel Behringer X32, Presonus Studiolive or Yamaha LS9. Oh, and sadly ships at a price point that only the largest commercial studios in the world can afford...

I agree BIAB produces world class tracks and can guarantee they have been used in licensed music! But the reason it stays kinda obscure is it has not been updated to modern standards. And maybe, in a way, that is a plus for those of us who use it!

Yes, it can be world class. My thought to why differs a bit from yours. I don't think the entire problem is computer coding although I certainly concede there are those, such as yourself and others, that already use the program that it is a significant drawback. I think the percentage of those that think it makes the program obsolete and outdated would largely lose their voice were a major studio release a project by a major artist, a major producer that would become a mega hit. Just as the industry now has mainstream commercial releases of pop, hip hop, house and makes use of loops, samples and synthesizers of songs by programmers that are not musicians but know how to construct modern music completely in the box and do not need a major studio to operate from to generate mega hits. I think a major hit from a major artist, major producer from a top recording company creating the musical backing solely from BIAB generated audio tracks could cause another shift in the industry.

And we can just disagree on things like ACW and analog green screen monitors.

I don't see where we disagree on our personal statements we made about these two items.

"I've never been impressed by folks doing things the hard way..."

Ouch, sorry I've been unable to impress you. The good thing is I didn't have any intention of changing your mind but rather simply voice a different opinion.

"I prefer to use technology so I can focus on my art and not struggle with outdated tools."

I get it. You prefer presets composed by professionals rather 'struggling' with learning to use the tools you have .... I've no problem with that but I will share with you -- There is a reason a Universal Audio 1176 hardware unit sells for $1,999 today versus the emulation plugin by Waves CLA-76 for $39. Here's excerpts from a 4 Star review on the CLA-76 from A Sweetwater review, "After comparing the real thing to the plugin, I laughed and thought, that's cute. Although the plugin doesn't sound anywhere near the real thing .... The Waves plugin only slightly mimics this at BEST."

But you do get those professional presets...

For me, I've had a home recording studio continuously since 1968 and with time and experience, do not find working with antiquated, outdated technology a struggle or difficult at all. That's probably just me though.

Have fun. I'm out of here.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 08/22/18 08:04 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.