Hi all
Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Basically I would like to generate a Vocal Harmony midi chord control track from the chords entered in the cord sheet, this will be used to control the VH unit in my Yamaha CVP connected as my midi device . or any external vh unit that can read midi chords from a specific channel.

As said the CVP 405 will be connected to my BIAB pc as my synth via midi for the midi tracks And any midi style parts.
As well the BIAB pc audio will be connected to my Aux inputs on the CVP to hear any realtracks content from the sgu / mgu.
At this point I can sing with a mc connected to the CVP mic input, and the whole lot can be recorded / saved in Stereo as a wav file via the CVP usb audio recorder.

Now the reason for the above ask the CVP has a very good internal VH unit, in vocoder mode it simply works on the mic input on your voice, but you can have a midi chord or note guide track, (this can be at low or zero volume) you need this obviously if you want to use any sort of pitch correction VH types..
You can make it track a RH or LH chord played in live on the CVP as BIAB plays in its parts. But that require someone to sit and play in time with the Chord sheet as held chords.

As there are times when a non playing Vocalist may use this set up as a Karaoke system to sing over BIAB backing tracks you can see that a midi guide track is required.
So apart from recoding held chords at zero volume on say the Solo track to follow the chord sheet changes. Is there any way of doing this automatically.
Just thought I would trow this one out there.
Best regards
Mike

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/