Right, so I initially hadn't really intended to be all over the place in this competition by going for several songs in several categories, but then I noticed that is what others on here seem to be going for. So I figured I might as well apply that old "if you're gonna take part anyway, might as well go the distance" sentiment and give this another go.

So here you have my Jazz category submission: OLD & NEW

This song originally started out as a bit of an exercise in chords substitutions of something I already made earlier but hadn't released, resulting in what's really just a fairly basic jazz swing but with quite a few intricate chordal movements in the mix, that (hopefully) keep things a bit more 'interesting'. Which, I might add, is the main reason I uploaded this as a chord sheet video, as opposed to my usual audio-only, so that people could actually see all that's really going on in the band.
Then I simply searched the Jazz #5 Xtra set for a suitable backup style, one which I actually didn't even alter or fiddle with in any way, topped it off with two different flute RT soloists, added Shearing harmonies to the piano and presto - the song was ready! cool

Formalities:

Style is _HYDROGN.STY

RealTracks in style: 400:Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Ray Sw 160
RealTracks in style: ~940:Piano, Acoustic, Rehearsal Showtunes Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~1985:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm EZListening Sw 140
RealTracks in style: ~813:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Western Swing Sw 165 (A:bs-crd)
RealDrums in Style: JazzTerryClarke^02

VSTi for the melody is Keystone Classic Piano, using "Keystone" preset.

There's only one thing to do in crisis like this - Sleep on it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BBox 2022 Audiophile, Mac Pro Intel, OSX 10.6.8, 800x600 (TV VGA)