DACs do a fine job with FLAC and WAV but the shine will depend on the content of the file. You can convert a 192MP3 to wav & it will still sounds like a 192 MP3.
A little research related..
"WMA stands for Windows Media Audio. It was first released in 1999 and has gone through several evolutions since then, all while keeping the same WMA name and extension. As you might expect, it’s a proprietary format created by Microsoft.
Not unlike AAC and OGG, WMA was meant to address some of the flaws in the MP3 compression method — and as such, WMA’s approach to compression is pretty similar to AAC and OGG. In other words, in terms of objective quality, WMA is better than MP3 .It also doesn’t offer any real benefits over AAC or OGG..."
BUT>>>>
"WMA stands for Windows Media Audio. We covered it above in the lossy compression section, but we mention it here because there’s a lossless alternative called WMA Lossless that uses the same extension. Confusing, I know.
Compared to FLAC and ALAC, WMA Lossless is the worst in terms of compression efficiency but only slightly. It’s a proprietary format so it’s no good for fans of open source software, but it is supported natively on both Windows and Mac systems.
The biggest issue with WMA Lossless is the limited hardware support. If you want lossless audio across multiple devices, you should stick with FLAC unless all of your devices are of the Windows variety."
I don't know if BIAB uses WMA Lossless. I've spent some time searching but there's no reference to WMA Lossless except as a rendering option.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe