Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09
Here's a few random thoughts (any number of which I could very well be wrong about, fwiw).

It is nice to hear well thought out and stated points as you have done. And I get why you felt the need to apologize in advance! smile

Quote:
PG Music is quite content in it's little niche. The folks here in the forum are the main demographic, and their bread and butter. The fact that new features are those such as video realtracks rather then more substantive things like the redesigned ACW, with the new release is evidence of the above.

The demographic you referenced is aging and without a clear path to attract new/younger users I'm concerned this awesome program will just fade away. And things like video tracks just really puzzle me. I applaud the skill it took to create them but question their usefulness and don't even know if they have a plan for them beyond being 2018's novelty feature.

Quote:
There is no marketing presence to speak of. I recently downloaded a bunch of product demos from Native Instruments and I get popups non-stop. They also have dozens upon dozens of slickly produced videos highlighting scads of mind-blowing sounds that may be achieved by their product. To start raking in cash at this point, their marketing budget, IMO, should be multiples of what they spend on having their Realtracks recorded.

Regardless of whether they wish to make lots of money I feel they need to up their game to attract more users/customers.

Quote:
The program is just an antiquated mess. Hire a frikking team of programmers and clean this thing up. I don't care about the visuals (although I've no doubt it turns hundreds of potential customers off from even looking under the hood of the program), but there are so many things that should just work properly. For instance, the harmony future is absolutely brilliant-especially with the Intelligent Mode or whatever it's called. Unfortunately, whenever I've tried to use it the results sound downright awful and nothing like in the demo. There are so many requested features that are more like requests for bug fixes that are brought up on the forums, and there is virtually no response from PG Music.

I understand the dilemma they face but you are right that it needs to be fixed and I think a new VSTi product would be their best direction. When I first bought the product in 2012 I was overwhelmed and pretty much remain so! But that is mainly because of the UI, especially the dialog boxes and the manual. I have mostly given up on anything but generating RealTracks to use in my DAW.

Quote:
I got a whole lot more where that came from, but I have to get back to work for moment. Also, I have not addresses some of the things that make BiaB one of the most brilliant and unique programs ever, and why you barely, if ever, hear the program hitting above 25 percent of its potential on the User Showcase (caveat, I don't spend a lot of time there, so don't take it personally, I may not have listened to your song so I'm not referring to your stuff as an individual... also, I'm not saying that these songs I listen to are not excellent songs, I'm just saying that they don't leverage what BiaB can do based on the hours I spent coming through the manual and generating all sorts of experimental stuff that blew my mind clear out of the water...)

I would like to hear more and I hope PGM would like to hear more as well.

It really is an awesome program they have created and PG is a bonafide genius for imagining and developing it! What I can do with these RealTracks is nothing short of amazing. And I am pretty sure I have only realized a portion of what is possible. If this program had a modern interface and additional tools geared toward modern music it would be a killer product across all genres and generations!

Last edited by JohnJohnJohn; 08/28/18 12:04 PM.