Rharv,

Sorry for being obscure.

The thirty or 30 tracks represent a check list to think about.

Some people will get six BIAB tracks, mix them and add some vox and say they are done. That is cool, but that is missing a chance for arrangement in the sense he is talking about "radio ready" or "interesting throughout."

The template allows you to keep an eye on the song's blueprint.

For example. You have your five basic tracks.

Then you ask, as an example, should there be some kind of distant sound, a guitar pluck or a piano part maybe, in the end of verse one to spice it up?

If so, add it to that track/slot in the template board.

Moving on, post chorus, should you add a quick riff, or percussion part, before V2? Maybe a clap or two? If so, add it here. Not a whole other track--just some spice, a small part.

As you move done the tracks you can visually see if you have at least thought about adding small stuff in (or taking stuff out of the original tracks) just to keep it interesting.

(Dropping stuff out for a while is as important as dropping other stuff in--and this allows you to see what is going on in visual form from top to bottom.)

As you scan the entirety of what you have done from top to bottom (30 or something rows) you see your ARRANGEMENT.

It is just one way of staying organized and reminding yourself it is time for something new and interesting in the background, so to speak.

Hope that makes sense.

If you enlarge the pix you can see my track notes.

Just something to use an an idea prompting tool--to help you remember to take advantage of the thousand upon thousands of sounds available as spice in Real Track generation as the song moves from intro down the rows and time frame to the end of chorus 3.

Some people use spreadsheets to track this kind of thing.

I decided to skip the spreadsheet and do a Real Band Spreadsheet, so to speak, because if I think of a part I do it right then and there.

Then process render.

Done.

smile