Originally Posted By: Lloyd S
Looks like we've strayed from the original topic, but I'll carry on.

-

- Then how many people who own BIAB really care if it's 64 bit (let alone even know what that means)? Or how many need more than 4 chords to a bar, or different time signatures or more available bars, etc. etc. In other words, what percent of users need something "different" than what PGMusic provides every year?

- Not sure that "needing an update" or "needing a rewrite" is valid, if it's to either "attract" new, or "keep" existing members. For all we know, PGMusic is expanding their user base by leaps and bounds every year. And perhaps the majority of them are perfectly happy with the program the way it is.

Just sayin'.
LLOYD S

Here is my two cents on these issues. Those working with RTs and using maybe a little MIDI would care less about 64 bit. They will be happy until their new computers will no longer support 32 bit programs if/when that happens.

Those that use mostly MIDI will want 64 bit as all of the good sound source programs are 64 bit.

More chords to a bar are a necessity in my mind. For example having chords on the 4th, 4.5 (eight note chord) and the 1st beat of the next measure is something that I do a lot.

Different time signatures are another necessity. Real 6/8, 12/8, 5/4 etc styles would have the correct number of measures and beats in both notation and exports. BiaB has those styles now but they only show up in 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4 time signatures.

YMMV

PS- I will take these improvements over cosmetic changes any day.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware