HI Again
Well I have found a way to work after a few days head scathing not much sleep.
Lots of thanks to all those that helped.
If you think it worth it I will put this in tips and tricks forum, let me know I don’t want to spam the boards,
But I thought I should post here anyway just to round off this thread

Extra tracks in BIAB my way (Mike)

If all tracks are full and you need more for midi or audio you can make room by EG.
From the audio menu Export song as audio file.
I find it most reliable to do this by muting all tracks that you don’t want exporting.
Leaving say the Soloist or melody .export this track as audio file do not select one file per track as you only have one selected, click render and name track.

Import the track into the Audio track under Audio menu import Audio wav etc.
Browse to file and open .

IMPORTANT at this point you must choose to overwrite or merge with existing audio data if any on Audio track or you will lose the original data.
You can do this multiple times from other tracks as long as you merge.

Test by muting all tracks and playing just the audio track, You should hear what you have just put there plus any merged data if you chose to merge with existing,

You may now re use the melody or soloist track for more work.
Note make sure if was a midi track that you are happy with the audio as you will lose your editable midi data. Unless you save a copy else where.

To free up even more space you can convert the combined audio track to a performance track.
You will be asked for a destination track you can choose any track, but since you are likely to have cleared say the melody and soloist to a combined audio track, use one of these say soloist you still have the melody track for yet more midi or audio work.

HERE IS THE GOTCHA.
You must regenerate the song for the performance track to become Audible.
Make sure you freeze any tracks that you don’t want regenerated.

Mike (rev Sept 2017)

BIAB2021 UltraPlus,AsusN55S1Tbssd, W10/64,Akai EIEpro
Yamaha CVP405,SquireStrat, CoolsoftVMidSynth
Novatation Impulse61 Ctr kbd, Cwalk blab Kontakt

http://mikesmusic.byethost16.com/