Rob,

You should re-read my post again.

As I explained, "I use all of those programs and would like to see BIB have a similar type of "workflow" and user interface "facelift". I also stated that "I would like to see a DAW added to BIB so that the accompaniment can be tracked with my own "real tracks" within the same program instead of being a plug-in to and existing DAW."

As far as complexity and functionality the programs I listed have far more features and functions and are prone to "bugs" related to the application as well as the "MS Windows" environment itself due to the nature of how it manages core API's with the installation of other programs and MS's own updates. Bottom line, Windows has never been a stable platform for anything including BIB. I program in it and deal with the issues all the time.

The reason why the UI is the biggest complaint is due the fact that it hasn't been keeping up with the evolution of the operating system. When you work on the MAC platform, all applications have a consistent application UI and user work flow. MS tries to offer the same but never quite get's it right because their system is more "open" then the MAC OS. If you look at the mainstream audio applications today, there is a standardized workflow and feel amongst the different applications. This allows for "ease" of use when switching between the different applications. Sure there are nuances that are related to each application but there is a consistent "feel" that that makes it relatively easy use them.

You also can look at the number of posts of people asking for "training" videos on how to use BIB and get the most out of if. This is because it has so many capabilities but they are not intuitive to grasp.

I don't know how many developers there are working on BIB and all the other products that they produce or the net resources that they available to them for development. I know how much time it takes to program an application and to add new features and deal with the bugs. It's a time consuming process. I do find it frustrating to run programs that I have bought like Jazz Guitar Master Class or Jazz Piano Master Class or any of the other PG products I own have their UI's display incorrectly whether it's an issue with screen resolutions on my equipment or color depth. It's also frustrating to see BIB 2010 come up looking like it's BIB 2000.

No need to beat this topic to death, when Team PG is ready to change it they will.....

Vince