Vince, i understand what you want, AS far as GUI and workflow goes, there are as many opinions there as there are users. What one likes another hates. The thing works, and that is the good point. To your point of adding A full on DAW to BiaB, is simple not a reasonable point IMHO. BiaB is not a DAW, and never was intended to be, hence the reason they have had Powertracks, and now RB in the mix. From my understanding it is separate for a couple main reasons. 1. BiaB is designed to build arrangements quickly for both accompaniment and creation. and 2. The DAW work is left to RB and PT, and with the addition of BiaB features to RB that is the way they are offering what you ask for.

Now with the ability to drop and drag from BiaB and RB, you have what you ask for. But adding a full on DAW to BiaB would be make a swiss army knife out of it, and we all know those are cute and sometimes useful, they are never much good at anything one thing in particular.

My vote would always to let BiaB be what it is, and leave the heavy DAW lifting to a true DAW. There is no shortage of those, and BiaB even will drop and drag to those as well.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.