This has probably been gone over, but I can't find a discussion in search.

Background info:

1. A couple of weeks ago I installed an AISIO driver (AISIO4all). I knew going in it would limit playback to BIAB and/or RealBand if one or the other was open.

2. Sometime later, I discovered I could not longer play midi files with my default media player (VLC). I could hunt up the error it gives me, but that's not my main issue unless it's related to what is.

3. I can load a midi file to BIAB and it will play "solo" in one of the slots.

I cannot seem to load, however, a midi file to either RB or Reaper. I'll stick with Reaper for the rest of this.

The tracks get created, though some of them read "empty". That's fine...some of them are empty. I say the tracks get created, but no midi data appears on any of the timelines. So no playback--not even stock GM sounds. I am certain there is data in the midis, though I'm not sure how it's arranged.

I can't even get to the next step (apparently) of sending the midi to the Kontakt library. I'm stuck in the water.

Does any of this sound familiar?

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground