Originally Posted By: Vincente
I'm a new user to DAW and looking for the best DAW for BIAB.
Can you share your opinion ?
Thanks
Vincente

I like Matt's answer best. The best one to use with BIAB is RealBand. That's the simple answer to the question asked.

Real Band amplifies and extends the power of BIAB as well as functions as a DAW for the major purposes of a DAW. It IS a DAW. And if you have it already, then it's free.

Besides that, there is a formal subforum in this forum for questions and comments about RB.

IF I can get my midi issues sorted out, Reaper will get my 60 dollars. But the learning curve is rather steep for me (and I have at least some acquaintance with DAWs). If you are new, and just getting into BIAB and DAWs, then RB is your obvious choice. I am guessing you've got quite enough on your plate just getting the hang of these great tools. I wouldn't jump to another DAW right off the bat when what you have may have more capabilities than you can currently use. I don't know.

Use the DAW you have. You won't need another one until you do. If you do now, then do what others have said and test-drive a few within your budget. I hope Reaper works out for me, because I've already spent more than I intended to. Another 60 dollars won't kill me, but my wife might hire someone to do it.

Last edited by Tangmo; 10/12/18 10:20 AM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground