Originally Posted By: Tangmo
What a fantastic lyric. The progression, backing and production made me shiver. It has a feel between Ghost Riders and the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald...both high praise from my point of view. Scott's guitar fit this haunting absolutely beautifully. Even the title is emotional.

I adored everything about this...except. Your phrasing of "coral city cabins wine bottle spins slowly" feels off to me, and kinda ruined it for a while.

Shivers are what we were aiming for, so thanks for that!
Scott`s solo here gives me goosebumps.
I went back and forth with that section of lyric. I have a habit of leaving unnescessary words in- in this case I think you`re correct, the meaning gets a bit lost by paring the original
line... I`m going to fix it.

Robert

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Great title!

First thought is... a tad long of an intro. But only by a few seconds. For a moment I wondered if it were an instrumental, then the vocals began. I'm probably just impatient.

Evocative lyrics, the arrangement fits nicely. But the vocals are a bit low in register, which makes them hard to make in some places.

I like the instrumentation - it's not too busy, but still does interesting things.

Spooky harmony. Love the bell tolling at the end.

All in all, I enjoyed it a lot. The only complaint is that the vocals don't stand out in the mix, so they're a bit hard to make out.

Hmm.. I thought the intro a bit short ( but then I love songs like Mercy Street with looong intros!).
Vocals are in a low key on purpose- to me it adds something to the doomy feeling; they`re also slightly lower in the mix than I`d do on a folk tune.
I`ll admit the whole works better on headphones than monitors.
Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

Robert