Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dave & Chris,

LOVE everything about this!

The beat is infectious. Chair dancing happening immediately...

Excellent write - such interesting lyrics - especially for a Blues song. Chris' vocal is SO in-the-pocket - goosebumps good.

Dave - your solo on this is a real standout. The tone is sweeeet (S-gear, I assume?)...but more importantly, it sounds more like another singer than a "guitar guy showing off". EXCEPTIONAL.

The mix is Top-Notch. EVERYTHING in the right place, So good.

I think this is another 4-time listen (maybe 5) as I write this... Enjoyed each one more....

fj

Thanks so much, Floyd! Every so often you start working on a project and everything just seems "right" about it, and this was one of those times. Took us a while to get the arrangement sorted, but we both had lots of fun working on it.

For the guitar, what I've been trying to do over the last little while is to keep things melodic instead of just playing a bunch of licks, sort of treating it as a little mini-composition that compliments the rest of the piece. Sometimes I pull it off, other times, not so much!

Yes, I've been using S-Gear for a couple of years now ever since I heard the great tone that Tom Adams gets with it. For the last few songs I've been experimenting with copying the guitar track onto a new track and using a different instance of S-Gear on each one. In this case, one has a totally clean preset, and the other slightly dirty. And then, blend them to taste. Also on this song I shifted one of the tracks by 10ms to thicken things up a little, first time I've tried that before but sounded good I thought. Also I should mention that I almost always use the CLA Guitars plugin along with S-Gear.

Thanks again, we very much appreciate your comments! smile

Last edited by BlueAttitude; 10/18/18 02:03 AM.