(I'm a beginner at music theory so please forgive me if I use the wrong wording)

For me, one of, if not THE most valuable feature of Band in a Box is it's ability to turn numbers into chords, so i type in 1 and I get the 1 chord of the key and 5 to get the tonic 5 chord. This seems to work as expected for major chords, however very weirdly or plain wrong for minor chords?!? For example I set the key to Cm and type in 1 into a box. I'd expect Biab to convert that into Cm, but instead it fills in a Eb.

This seems to work fine for majors, so typing in a 1, 4, 5, 1 progression in say C major gets me C, F, G, C, as expected, however in C minor, that same 1,4,5,1 should i think translate to Cm, Fm, Gm,Cm, but instead it gives me Eb, Ab, Bb, Eb. Now I thought maybe I just don't know and Biab is picking inversions, but for example the 2chord in C minor should I think be Ddim, but Biab converts the 2 into an F upon hitting enter.

Similarly in Bminor, I believe 1 should be Bm, the 2 a C#dim, the 3 a DMaj/D ... while Biab converts that to D, E, F#. Maybe this is a better example as the above could be just an inversion, but as far as I understand Bm's 2 chord, C#dim is the notes C# + E + G, while the E chord should be E, G# B, so not the same notes in inversion, as far as I can understand things (which is granted limited).

I hoped this would be fixed last year at the transition to Band in a Box 2018 from the 2017 version, but even if this doesn't get patched I wanted to say that understanding how this may require extra work from you I would promise to buy the new 2019 version just for this feature if it gets implemented even if I may not buy it for a few more styles. It would mean a lot to me to be able to work with minor keys also, as well as other helpers in chord functions to composing.

Thank you for all your hard work and this amazing software! Please forgive me if I am missing something obvious. While as an amateur I have been using your wonderful software I'm quite the weak layman when it comes to music theory, yet, thanks to your amazing software magic I am still able to compose and I am for that forever thankful to you!

With great respect and gratitude!