In the option shown by Noel, it uses the term “relative major” key. Since you mentioned perhaps not being strong in music theory, I’m just checking if this is something you know: The two keys of Cm and EbMajor are related by the fact they share the same key signature. Likewise, Bm and DMajor.

For example, Am is the relative minor of CMajor (and CMajor is the relative major of Am). The key signature of both is no sharps and no flats when you play the scale starting on A or C respectively.

BIAB wasn’t picking notes at random, or wrong notes, when you entered your scale Roman numbers. This was identified a year or two ago as being confusing for some needs and the checkbox cited by Noel was added by PG Music after users requested it. But because of the music theory connection of relative major and minor, it was made an option for those of us who like it the way it was.

I hope that helps explain what’s going on, for you or anyone else confused by this.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors