Yup.... I consider the Showcase as the "catch all" category for music. Everything gets posted there from rough scratch ideas to finished songs. I personally think the Showcase should be a "SHOWCASE" for your finished tunes. Mixed, polished, and ready for prime time. However, that's not always the case. I've posted there and said Comments Welcome.....and as a result of those comments felt it necessary to go back to the DAW and make changes to one degree or another. When one person points out something, OK... it's a personal preference, but when 2 or 3 say the same thing.... maybe it is time to have a second look.

There's no problems in asking for "comments welcome" or.... "critique the mix please". Everything from great song.... to the mix needs work.... are valid comments. Some folks don't want comments, don't want critiques, and don't want advice. But if I think comments more than good work are deserved, I will comment and if it's a "heavier" critique, I will often comment by PM. Even then I have been told all sorts of things from I should mind my own business to where I could go and what I could do when I got there. Kid you not.

The songwriter forum is more ( IMHO ) for the folks looking to collaborate or having an idea and asking someone else to jump in and offer some writing advice. Partial, unfinished musical snippets to almost or completely done are fair game there. It's also the place to post links to writing videos and articles. It's all about becoming better writers over there.

Not mentioned is the Recording, Mixing, and production forum...... this one, well, all three kind of are in the same general area in my book..... with subtle differences. You can also post in there if the thrust of the post and info sought is more into the recording and production area.... such things as does the bass sound clear? Is the snare too loud? Is the overall EQ and reverb levels good on this? I'd suggest using this forum section for the unfinished mixing questions, but.... you can do the same thing in the Showcase.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.