Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Thanks, Guitarhacker. You've grasped it.

I reckon it wouldn't be a frequently requested real-track. LOL.

In my mind's ear, I can hear Noel's suggestion working and I think I can make that happen. It wouldn't be a "drone", necessarily, but if I can find a really smooth, not too plucky, bass real-track, I think it will work fine playing in a rhythm. I could take the track to DAW and apply a little tremelo and make a passable facsimile. It's not the star of the show.

OK so.... I see 2 ways to do this. Both would, in my world, involve a DAW to edit as needed.

1. Use MIDI. Simple and easy and done in no time.

2. Use 2 different versions of the song in BB... One would be the normal everything keeps playing song and the other is the one with holds where you want them. Open the songs in Real Band and render the tracks you need....
from the one that keeps playing... all the tracks.
from the one with holds.... only the track that is the one organ with the holds.
Put them into a DAW and edit the project with volume envelopes. This is how I would do it if the midi didn't cut it.

The whole thing for me is not so much how you get there but the final end result that the listener hears. If you listen to my song with Joanne Cooper, Fool's Errand, I used a similar technique on the middle piano part..... But it was live and MIDI.... did my best to find a sample that had a very similar tone..... no one noticed.

https://youtu.be/itQXml5aimU

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.