Thanks Al and Di.

I often hesitate to mention the many famous musician friends that I have known. Their numbers are dwindling.

I met many who were entertaining at the NCO Clubs in Germany. I found most of them to be friendly and approachable.

AddenDumb: Having jammed countless times with Bob Zimmerman (Dylan) in HS (c1957-58) may have helped me a bit but my long friendship with the late Nokie Edwards (of Ventures fame) led to meeting dozens of top guitarists, too many to name.

I got out of the Army in '69 and Nokie was playing in my wife's cousin's band in Seattle. We hit it off quite well and we were good friends until his recent death. His widow, Judy, still emails me occasionally.

Nokie introduced me to Thom Bresh, Merle Travis' son, and Thom liked my music so we exchanged our tunes.

I was contacted by Dr. John Knowles, Chet Atkins' go-to-guy, who has become a good friend. John is one of very few CGPs and the first that Chet awarded.

The referrals of John led to contacts with dozens of Nashville session musicians that I won't list here.