Hello,

Is there live playback software that does the things ShowPlay 5 does? http://www.showplay.com/

Mostly I just playback Standard MIDI Files for my solo act and edit them beforehand with Cakewalk 6.0.

Being able to make playlists, scroll lyrics, loop sections on the fly, etc are all really important.

Presently I use an old serial port version of ShowPlay 3 and it would cost $250 to upgrade to the USB version. I use a Roland JV1010 module for the Standard MIDI File sound source.

I have no idea if BIAB or RealBand or Power Tracks are very well suited for live Standard MIDI File playback for my solo act and making playlists, scrolling lyrics, looping sections on the fly, etc.

Now don't get me wrong, BIAB, RealBand and Power Tracks look interesting and I am reviewing online demos etc and perhaps I will at some point want to use some version of PG Music software live in a more expanded manner...however my priority is specifically and to the point live Standard MIDI File playback for my solo act and making playlists, scrolling lyrics, looping sections on the fly, etc. with the grace and efficiency of ShowPlay 5 ttp://www.showplay.com/

Thanks so much,

Danny