I hope you-all understand that I am in no way putting down BIAB software and I may end up buying it (for entirely different uses) but let's be clear with respect to this thread!

I do not want to make SMF's that simply have a style similar to the original cover tune. Therefore if I was to use BIAB software for my live solo act to make SMF's it would have to be "note for note" equivalence of the actual cover tunes like a well programmed SMF. I do not believe it can do this even using RealTracks (correct me if I am wrong).

Again I want the things that ShowPlay can do in a live setting for my solo act (including but not limited to):

- make playlists.
- scroll lyrics (even better would be to show the lyrics in their entirety via text files).
- loop sections on the fly.
- global transpose.
- global tempo.
- foot switch control.
- play from 1st note.
- sysex reset.
- all on-stage functions by single keystrokes
- Integrated word processor. Lyrics extracted from any MIDI or mp3, when present. Cut-and-paste from elsewhere. Insert images, i.e. scanned lead sheets. Scroll any lyrics over song's duration, with no work.
- Find songs just by typing letters. Works for title and artist alike.
- Screen layout completely configurable. Resize panels, indicators, lyrics area, etc.
- Never wait, songs load with no delay, no fuss.
- Lots of etc's.

Please check out the ShowPlay Features and tell me with assurance whether there is or is not BIAB software that can do these things with SMF playback for a live solo act.

ShowPlay Features
http://www.showplay.com/specs-detailed.htm

If there is no BIAB software that can emulate ShowPlay for a live solo act which of the things that ShowPlay can do, can BIAB software also do, and which ones can't it do?

Also any views on MIDI Maestro (which AFAICT) is the only true competitor to ShowPlay for SMF live playback, however MIDI Maestro seems more geared to theater use and multimedia. I'm not 100% sure though!

http://www.midimaestro.com/index.html

Truly appreciative and Merry Christmas!

Cheers,

Danny