Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
** A few additions that I'm not able to "edit" my post and ad. I'm a bit more caught up now, and had a few more points that I was thinking about but did not copy and paste. Drummers, I tell ya...

First, I've been able to listen to the song a good number of times on various devices and speaker/headphone arrangements. What a killer mix! Everything is where it needs to be. Everything is the level it should be AND it's clean and clear without sounding harsh. There's a guy on this forum who was just talking about how he wishes he could do that. It was me. No joke! Great job.

Sorry to say to the two of you; but adding Janice to any song never hurts; and was the case here. She took your "GREAT!" even higher. Then again I'm a sucker for great vocals. There is just a special blend that's going on. I love it.

Now finally for my "he's lost it" comment. Something about Floyd and Tom's vocals, at times, have a Big and Rich thing going on. I think it's the contrast in timbre of your voices. I think it's really cool how you two achieve this effortlessly. The bridge really had it for me. Here's an example; but probably not "the best" one. I just can't remember which song it was that would really demonstrate it. Still, you will get the idea.

Run Away With You

Again such a cool duet performed by the 4 of you. wink

C - always nice to have someone drop by a 2nd time. smile Thanks for mentioning the mix... And yes, we are well aware that adding Janice will ALWAYS sweeten the pot smile

I have to admit that I have never listened to many (or any?) Big & Rich songs - certainly not intently. I was surprised at the "current Country" sound of that. I used to hear Big Kenny every once in a while a writer's night that I played regularly at Douglas Corner Cafe (with a charts band - a very cool thing). I would not have pegged Kenny for a "new Country" guy...