I think I have isolated the issue: !!!

Question:

Is it possible to use Forte DXI to play back MOST of the tracks (perhaps as default device) then specify a vst such as Hammond b4 or TruePianos for ONE particular track so that ALL the tracks play back at the same time and live input from the piano track is possible (e.g to record or jam)?

I think what is happening is that I can either get Forte going OR a VST with the gm coming from wavetable synth.

If I check the box 're-route input to default DXI' then ALL the MIDI for ALL tracks gets routed to Forte leaving NO data going to TruePiano or Hammond B4 or other loaded instrument. If I uncheck the box then the midi data gets routed to "Microsoft GS wavetable synth" a poorer quality sound, but then something is freed up so I can then route MIDI to a VST.

I think this is what is happening???

I hope this clarifies things and I am on the right track (no pun intended!)

Note: I come from CUbase so I expected (rightly or wrongly) to just load in VSTs as many as I want - thinking the VST?DXI set up was like the instrument rack in Cubase.

It seems ot be so sensible that a user can use a quality VST such as a good piano or synth and still have BIAB and/or RB handle the backing track using Forte. Sensible... obvious, required even...but does it do it?

Tech have said it may be a week before I get an answer.

Zero

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k