Thanks to all of you who responded. I have been out of touch for a few days, so I just saw this.

First, I didn't want to get back into the contentious discussion about the wonders of RB and that something must be wrong with someone who can't get it to work properly and consistently. But since it has resurfaced, let me point out a few things.

1)Most of the people on this thread mention frequent crashing with RB and that was my experience. I used Reaper on the same computer for about 100 hours before I bought it. It never crashed. It still hasn't. I don't turn my wifi off or shut down my antivirus either. It just works.

2) Mr. Gannon has recently published a thread which extols the virtues of using Cakewalk with RB. That could be a signal that PG is going to let RB wither on the vine, and he may not be able to say that because of prior contractual obligations. I am not trying to put words in his mouth but it is something to consider. Most of us would buy BB at the same price without RB, so you could say PG makes no money on RB but they have to support it.

3) RB does some nice things when it works. I bought Reaper but I have opened RB a couple of times to copy and paste by measure number, a function I haven't learned on Reaper yet. I found I was still putting up with crashes and I was thankful I had made the change.

If RB works for you, by all means keep using it. I'm happy for you. At the same time, be happy for those of us who have found something that works better for us.

2b

i5-3210 laptop. Win 10 Home. 2.5ghz, 64 bit. 6gb RAM. Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.